Plan & Prepare
Click Image to View, Download & Print
When Disaster Strikes...
Will you be ready?
Being prepared for disasters and emergencies can seem like a big job.
Many people don’t know where to start, so they never do.
MethowReady is here to help walk you through the steps of being prepared and to lend support along the way.
5 Simple Steps You Can Take
While summer is the season of wildfire, winter is actually the season most likely to test our preparedness. Storms knock out power, a deep freeze strands us in our homes, a rain-on-snow event brings flooding that cuts roads and highways.
Follow these simple steps now to make yourself and your home more survivable:
1. Make a Family Emergency Plan.
2. Build a Disaster and Evacuation Kit.
3. Sign up for Okanogan County Emergency Alert System notification.
4. Install a reflective address sign through the Winthrop Fire Fighters Association.
5. Implement Firewise principles to reduce fuels around your home/outbuildings.